COVID-19 FRAUD SCHEMES USING THE MEDRUX BRAND
The COVID-19 pandemic has created an unprecedented demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) worldwide. MEDRUX gloves are used around the world by healthcare providers, industrial workers and everyday people seeking to protect themselves and others from the spread of COVID-19.
This demand has also led to a rise in elaborate fraud schemes seeking to take advantage of our customers and end-users. These deceptive practices promise counterfeit versions of MEDRUX PPE with fraudulent product registrations, certificates, and/or test reports that do not meet MEDRUX’s quality standards. These scams might also use social engineering techniques, including “spoofing,” by fraudulently using MEDRUX employee names, logos, brands and/or look-alike MEDRUX emails.
We caution our customers to look out for fraud schemes, especially concerning the MX9965, ATOMX, MX9967, and MEDRUX PRO brands. MEDRUX is aware of fraud schemes using these leading brands and is working to protect our customers.
COMMON SIGNS OF POTENTIAL FRAUD SCHEMES
- Requests for the urgent transfer of funds or other last-minute changes to payment instructions
- Inability to explain the origin of products allegedly being sold
- Sellers with little to no history prior to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Suspiciously low pricing when compared to similar product listings
HOW TO ENSURE YOU RECEIVE MEDRUX PRODUCTS
Important steps customers can take to ensure the offer and products they intend to purchase are legitimate:
- Request product samples
- Obtain product information, including product lot numbers and manufacturing dates
- Avoid making payments to unauthorized entities.
- Our legal entity name is Yummylooks Sdn Bhd
The only legitimate MEDRUX website is Medrux.com (https://medrux.com). Common tips for avoiding fraudulent MEDRUX websites:
- Enter the Medrux.com web address directly into your browser
- Do not click on links in emails that you did not directly request from a company
- Do not click on links that look suspicious or employ lookalike domains, such as medrux-be.com, medrux-eu.com, medrx-bel.com,etc
all the email you should open must only come from @medrux.com (ONLY)
and you can double check on the payment matter with your assigned relationship manager from MEDRUX.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU FIND INSTANCES OF FRAUD
If encountered with fraudulent or suspicious offers to purchase Medrux products, attempts to impersonate Medrux, or other unauthorized activity related to Medrux’s brands, please contact Medrux’s Global Fraud Task Force at email@example.com.
To help stop the prevalence of fraud, it is important to gather as much detail as possible regarding the identity and contact information of the perpetrator(s), specifics around the offer being made, and any documents or other supporting evidence. Report the fraud to law enforcement or other government institutions.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Fraudulent Covid-19 Products: https://www.fda.gov/safety/report-problem-fda/reporting-unlawful-sales-medical-products-internet
- Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Submit a Tip: tips.fbi.gov
- State Attorneys General
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Click on Covid-19 Alert: www.ftc.gov/complaint
- Consumer Protection Cooperation Network (CPC)
- Please contact the competent national authorities.